Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hash Brown


I've been eating a lot of hash brown from fast food chains and I thought of making my own so I can enjoy them with my own style of cooking it and here it is! I also want to share it with you!

Ingredients:

12 pcs. small potatoes
1 onion, minced
1 cup flour
2 tbsp buttermilk, room temperature
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

Procedure:

1. Peel potatoes and let it boil in water for 5 mins. Drain water and let it cool.
2. When potatoes have cooled, shred in a mixing bowl.


3. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.


4. Spread mixture in a foil or baking paper about half an inch thick. Brush with butter to avoid sticking in the foil.


5. Keep it in the freezer for 2 hours or until it's frozen.


6. Slice hash brown to your desired size.

7. Heat oil in a pan.


8. Fry hash browns until both sides are brown and crispy.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this. me and my kids loves hash brown too.
    store-bought products are too expensive so this is very helpful..
    can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good recipe. Any thoughts on what potatoes? I like Yukon Gold or Fingerlings, but they are more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any kind of potatoes can do. :) we used fresh farmed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete